Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, this past weekend I went home for a long weekend and had a lot of fun just hanging out with the family! But before I can go any farther I want to tell you about a very special lady in my life...Mrs. Ethel! Mrs. Ethel lived next door to my grandparents in Springdale. She had no family, her husband Glenn died thirty years ago and she was 97 years old. I met Mrs. Ethel at Thanksgiving about 5 years ago. From that time on, she was officially apart of our family! We made her come to every holiday event, wedding and other events that family members were going to be at. Well Mrs. Ethel sadly passed away the week of graduation. While we all miss her a lot, I really feel like she lived her life to the very end and she didn't suffer at all. Mrs. Ethel volunteered at the Jones Center for many years, so she left pretty much everything to the charity, but she left all her possessions in her house to my grandparents! So when I went home for Memorial Day weekend I spent a lot of time at Mrs. Ethel's house helping clean it out and organizing the stuff. It was very overwhelming to go through each room and finding more and more stuff.
So to help, Andrew and Whitney came up for the weekend and Mark and Renee came as well! Eden helped too, she was out entertainment at the house...I think she had more fun wearing one of Mrs. Ethel's gardening hats! It was great!!! We probably spent three or four hours over there every day and it still didn't feel like we even touched the surface!





While Andrew and Whitney were here, they stayed with us, and Eden is such a joy to play with and be around! She is talking all the time, event though you don't understand but a few words, and she has so much fun with the simplest things! One thing that she loves is our dog (Jebus) who is not a small dog! She would go to the window and bark or try to go outside and play with him. I have to give Jebus some credit. He must know that Eden is a child and that he can't be rough with her...he would run by her but not to close, or he would let her pet him as long as she would let him give her kisses! The weekend was just a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Cute kid! Who's is it? Haha J/K! I love your blog!!! Can't wait for more post!

    ReplyDelete