Monday, June 1, 2009

Need a Plumber???

Well, when we moved in our house our bathroom shower and sink we're clogged with what we thought must be hair! (girls shed for those that don't know) Anyway, I told our landlord and he put Drano in both places...but it didn't help. (he obviously doesn't have daughters) Well, Aubrey and I got tired of taking a shower in each others left over shower water, or having to constantly wipe the sink after we brushed our teeth. SO, we took on the task of plumber and set out with a fork, buckets, duct tape, and flash light. We started with the shower..which was clogged with hair(just as we suspected). Then we moved on to the sink, which we thought wasn't going to be to bad...little did we know! We couldn't get the stopper out of the sink..which should a been a red flag that this wasn't going to be easy. So we got down and opened up the bottom cabinet and decided to take apart the PCP pipes.


As we took off the first pipe nothing could prepare us for the rat nest of hair that flopped out with the brownish green water that came out! I think that if I could describe how this looked...a decomposing rat would be best...gross and to prove how gross it was I took a picture...behold:

So you thought that was disgusting...you haven't seen the worse. We decided that we need to take the next section off, and what to my wondering eyes should appear....but an even bigger rat hair thing that know one should ever, ever have to see..but I couldn't help but take a picture:



Well, we aren't done yet...there was one more section that looked like it only had a small bit of hair coming out of it so it couldn't be that bad..right....WRONG! If I was going to puke during this process..well this was the time. Honestly I didn't know how I kept it in. Out slopped this slimy, new york city sewage rat hair thingy..... NASTY! So here is the grossest thing ever plus a few pictures of Aubrey and I through out the process!P.S. Trying to but these pipes back together was a little more intense than we thought..so I think we need a plumber..maybe...although...duck tape is cheaper :)

1 comment:

  1. That just gave me the nasty shivers!!! I gagged a little too. At least it is clean now... possibly?

    ReplyDelete