Monday, November 16, 2009

WHERE DID THE TIME GO!!!!

It feels like yesterday that I had screamed for help to save us from that gigantic snake, yet much to my surprise it has been almost TWO Months!!! So let me fill you in on what has been happening in my life for at least the last few weeks: Ready..you might need to sit down for this.....

Read, read, write, write, read, read, write, write, read, read, read, write, write, write, write, read, read, nap, read, read, road trip to Nashville, read, read, read, write, write, write, write, read, read, read, read, write, write, road trip home for baby shower, read, read, read, write, write, write, project, read, read, read write, write, write, read, read, read write, write, worry about my life, read, read, read, write, write, cable gets turned off, read, read, write, write, homecoming, read, read, read, write, write, corn maze, read, read, almost get a kitten, read, read, write, write, write, I think you get the picture :)

But seriously I turned in my first novel this semester..I call it a novel it was really just a case study, but it ended up being.....97 PAGES!! I wish it could have been an even 100, but I couldn't find three more pages of info to put in there...

But my life is about to get a little more interesting, this past weekend I got to meet Patricia McCormick, who is a very well-known young adult author, in fact we are now best friends. I say that because I was talking with her Friday night and she said, "Megan Venable," my first reaction was, she knows my name..then I realized that I had a name tag on...but we laughed really hard, so she signed my book "to the famous Megan Venable." Hilarious! And then on Saturday, she came over to my table and ate with me and told me that our little encounter Friday night will be her favorite story from the weekend! So..now we really are best friends..it doesn't help that he daughter is named Meagan too!

Also, this Thursday and Friday is the Arkansas reading Conference in Little Rock! I will be the first to admit that I am a nerd for being so excited, but I can't wait to see all the books, the classes, and listen to the keynote speakers! Fun Times, plus I get to hang out with the lovely Caroline who resides in Little Rock with her husband!

But it doesn't end there, then I get to go home for a few days and visit with my family, before we take a road trip down to Hooks, TX for Thanksgiving with the Venables!!! I know pictures, stories, and fun times will follow!

P.S. I can't believe I almost forgot..NEW MOON opens Friday too! You know I will be seeing that!!! Well, I will upload some pictures soon!! Until then Have a safe fun holiday!

1 comment: