Sunday, June 7, 2009

A "Typical" weekend...expect the unexpected

This weekend Aubrey and I were debating on what we were going to do on Saturday. I had a gift card to Hobby Lobby (props to Randy and Ramona) from graduation, and I LOVE Hobby Lobby! So I asked Aubrey if she wanted to take a trip to Little Rock with me. She was game as long as we could go to Old Navy and maybe Target..which is a given! Anyway, we made the trek to the Rock and found hobby lobby with no trouble. It must of been meant to be because they were having a 66% off home decor!!!! I thought we would be there for about an hour...well...two and half hours later we were checking out! I got some really neat things like a lamp that was 66% off..and some scrap booking things that were 50% off, plus I had a coupon for 25% off any item..which you know got used. I know some of you that don't know me very well are probably wondering why I am telling you about this great sale.

Because my motto for shopping is: IF IT IS NOT ON SALE THEN IT IS NOT FOR SALE!

Okay on to Old Navy, where Aubrey and I were in search of some summer cotton dresses that were supposed to be on sale, and I had a coupon! Well, we got there and went in search of these dresses....Old Navy failed us...this particular store had two dresses. Not two different styles..no TWO dresses...both were ugly...and made for barbie dolls. SO let's just say that we left empty handed. So we tried Target...

Target..was better but still it is not even summer and yet we have only found a few dresses...but they were cute and had more than the XXS size that nobody really wears.

Well, after Target Aubrey and I were hungry but we spent 20 min. decided that we would drive until we found something that looked good..we didn't drive long..On the Border..yummm! We had a waiter that called me "Sweetie" which doesn't go well when it comes to the waiter tip...I mean really.I have a name..ask me my name and I will tell you, but don't..don't call me sweetie...if I am not your sweetie! I'm just saying...but the food was good. Well after that we headed over to Barnes and Noble to walk off dinner...we didn't do much walking except to the children's section. You know your a teacher if...you spend more time in the children's section of a book store than the time it takes a person read a book in B&N.

Okay on to the next adventure of the "typical" weekend... CABOT, AR. We needed to make a Wal-Mart run and we were up for a change of scenery. So, we walked into the Wal-Mart and I almost fell to my knees....CLEAN...NICE.....NEW....SANITIZED....It was refreshing. I told Aubrey from now on I will drive the 20min..if it means I don't have to go to a old.. trashy..always crowded..glorified convenient store that takes 20 min to find a parking spot... Wal-Mart! Anyways, after the shock of seeing a Wal-Mart that I was used to seeing we went in search of a trashcan and a broom....let me just say..Wal-Mart is nice but why would those two things be on opposite sides of the store....really! I got past that and we did however find a couple of cute cotton dresses..props to Wal-Mart..plus they were cheaper!
I have an observation to make about Cabot, AR...because it is a smaller town and most know everybody...when two cute college girls come waltzing in their wal-mart...they notice...It was like "who are the new girls in town" There were some cute boys, who I'm sure were thinking fresh meat, and the girls who were thinking who are they and why are they here trying to take our men. I really wished I could just stand up and say..We are just here getting a trashcan and broom...don't panic..lol..

Anyways, after walmart we were going to go ahead and head back to Searcy...boo...but our adventure doesn't end there. Let me just say the Cabot might have a nice Wal-Mart and few good-looking men...but the street signs STINK! After turning around twice to find the on ramp for the interstate...we finally saw a street that looked like it was going the same direction...good sign..so we turned and there was no on ramp in sight. But I had faith that eventually this road would have to get us closer to Searcy than driving back and forth over the overpass in Cabot. I had my brights on and after dodging a cat (it was a fast cat) we saw a stop sign and then in all its glory was a highway 67/167 North Sign!!! Yes we weren't lost! It was pretty much amazing! After we got back we were tired from all this adventure that started from a small trip to Hobby Lobby and turned into a 7 hour trip...all the more fun!

It was a great Saturday...but it is not going to be typical anymore. Tomorrow is my first day of real masters classes...ALL DAY LONG! Which means homework gets kicked up a notch and social life ( the small one I lead) gets kicked down a notch! No worries..the adventures we still happen..I just can plan them as much. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment